In partnership with Nassau and Suffolk Counties, Enzo is now providing COVID-19 testing at our Farmingdale location at 10 Executive Blvd, Farmingdale NY. Our Farmingdale location provides easy access to patients from both Suffolk and Nassau Counties.
This drive-through facility allows us to provide accessible testing, help the local community improve surveillance, and reduce pressure on the regional hospital system. The drive-through system will also help protect healthcare workers from direct exposure to coronavirus and allows us to get more people tested quickly.
In order for a patient to receive testing, please follow the directions below:
Speak with your patient and provide a prescription.
Fax the prescription to Enzo Clinical Labs at (631) 918-5755.
Once the prescription is given, the patient will need to make an appointment with Enzo by calling (800) 550-3033.
The patient will be given an appointment time, along with instructions on what to do when they arrive.
Once the patient arrives to the facility, the patient will drive up to the testing site.
The patient will remain in their car and present a photo-ID for verification, insurance card and prescription (unless already faxed).
A healthcare professional with protective gear will collect a sample using a nasal swab.
Results will be shared with you within 5 days.
Collecting Samples Yourself?
We are also accepting tests collected in your office.Click to download the collection guidelines
Important Information for Healthcare Providers
- Enzo is accepting samples for COVID-19 testing.
- Physicians and other healthcare providers in the New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut areas can order the COVID-19 test, which directly detects the presence of the virus and is meant for use with patients who meet current guidance for evaluation of infection with COVID-19 according to the CDC.
- Providers should not refer any patients suspected or confirmed to be infected with COVID-19 to our patient service centers or STAT labs. Samples can be collected at our drive-through facility at 10 Executive Blvd in Farmingdale, NY. Physician needs to provide a prescription and the patient needs to make an appointment by calling 1.800.550.3033.
- Enzo will provide test services for specimens collected in appropriate healthcare settings, such as physicians’ offices and hospitals, or those specimens collected through our drive-through collection center.
- Providers should review the CDC website or contact their public health authority for information to guide their patient management and lab testing for COVID-19.
What is Coronavirus Disease 2019?
Coronavirus Disease 2019 or COVID-19 (formally known as 2019-nCoV) is the name for the respiratory disease caused by infection with the new coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
Patients with COVID-19 have had mild to severe respiratory illness with the following symptoms:
- shortness of breath
Who should be considered for testing?
Any high risk patients. Meaning, patients with symptoms that have tested negative for the Respiratory Pathogen-2 Panel (RP-2), and any patient that may have a travel history to the affected areas .
What is the name of the test and what is the test code?
Test code: 9900
How does the test work?
The COVID-19 test is a qualitative molecular test that uses PCR technology.
How fast will doctors get results back?
We expect results to be available 5 days from the time of specimen pickup; however, timing may be impacted by high demand.
Does Enzo collect specimens from patients at its Patient Service Centers or STAT labs?
No. Enzo does not and will not collect, process or transport specimens from any patients at our Patient Service Centers or STAT Labs. However, there is a drive-through collection center available. Please Click HERE for more information
Will Enzo perform standard diagnostics testing (non-COVID-19) using specimens collected from physicians’ offices or hospitals?
Yes. Specimens collected at physicians’ offices, clinics or hospitals will be processed as normal regardless of COVID-19 diagnoses.