We offer both Molecular and Antibody Tests
Special instructions for Enzo Patient Service Centers
At this time, Enzo does NOT collect molecular specimens (nasal swabs) at our Patient Service Centers (PSC). The specimen should be collected at your practice and sent to Enzo using standard procedures or at our pop-up facility in Farmingdale, NY. For more info, click here.
For the antibody test, you can visit one of our dedicated Patient Service Centers.
Collecting Samples Yourself?
We are also accepting tests collected in your office.Click to download the collection guidelines
Important Information for Healthcare Providers
- Enzo is accepting samples for COVID-19 testing, both molecular (swab) and serology (antibody) testing.
- Physicians and other healthcare providers in the New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut areas can order COVID-19 tests, which either directly detects the presence of the virus or the antibodies and is meant for use with patients who meet current guidance for evaluation of infection with COVID-19 according to the CDC.
- Providers may refer patients to our Patient Service Centers or STAT labs only for the serological (antibody) tests. Samples can be collected at the physician practice, our Patient Service Centers (serological test only), or our pop-up facility in Farmingdale, NY. Physician needs to provide a prescription.
- Enzo will provide test services for specimens collected in appropriate healthcare settings, such as physicians’ offices and hospitals, or those specimens collected through Patient Service Centers.
- Providers should review the CDC website or contact their public health authority for information to guide their patient management and lab testing for COVID-19.
Patients with COVID-19 have had mild to severe respiratory illness with the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
For the molecular test: Patients suspected of COVID-19.
For the antibody test: Patients who have been confirmed positive for COVID-19 via molecular testing. Patients who think they may have had COVID-19.
Test Name: AMPIPROBE® SARS-CoV-2 RNA RT PCR
Test code: 9902
Test Name: SARS-CoV-2 IgG Ab ELISA
Test code: 9905
The molecular test is a qualitative molecular test that uses PCR technology to confirm if patient currently has an infection with SARS-CoV-2.
The antibody test is a qualitative assessment of anti COVID-19 antibodies to IgG in blood samples using ELISA-based technology. It identifies the presence of antibodies, indicating recent or prior infection. It is not intended to diagnose or exclude recent SARS-CoV-2 infection.
We expect results to be available 1-3 days from the time of specimen pickup; however, timing may be impacted by high demand.
Yes. Enzo does collect specimens from patients at Patient Service Centers or STAT Labs for serology (antibody) testing only, not for molecular (swab) testing. For molecular testing, please send nasopharyngeal (NP) samples directly to Enzo Clinical Labs or visit us at our pop-up facility in Farmingdale, NY
Yes. Specimens collected at physicians’ offices, clinics or hospitals will be processed as normal regardless of COVID-19 diagnoses.